List of general criteria used by Cuaderno de Investigación en la Educación for the peer review process:
- The paper addresses a subject or topic of interest to the field of education.
- The contents represent a valuable contribution to the field of education.
- The abstract summarizes the fundamental elements of the content.
- The introduction is clear and well organized.
- Introduces and contextualizes the topic(s) to be addressed.
- States the problem or issue to be addressed clearly.
- The paper clearly explains the theoretical/analytical framework.
- The paper defines and describes the methodology.
- The methodology is relevant to address the problem or issue to be discussed.
Findings and discussion/interpretation
- The findings are presented in a clear, coherent and consistent way, in accordance with the methodology and complexity of the topic.
- The analysis, interpretation and discussion of the findings demonstrate depth.
- In case the paper uses data or information already published, it examines them in a new light or a different approach.
- The conclusions and recommendations are properly framed within the analysis and the findings.
- The discussion of the findings integrates the theory and the literature that contextualize the work.
- The author highlights the scope and particular contributions of the paper to the field under which it is framed.
- It includes a critical discussion of the implications or applications for the area of knowledge.
- The author uses a vocabulary consistent with the theme and line of argument.
- The paper clearly defines the technical terms.
- The title relates directly to the topic.
- The paper includes up-to-date primary and secondary sources/references.
- The paper has a clear academic/scientific writing style.
- The author makes good use of writing style and language usage.
- The author makes proper use of the editorial style and rules of publication sponsored by the American Psychological Association (generally known as APA style).
- The paper exhibits awareness of inclusive language.
- The writing reflects respect for diversity.